STANDARDS FOR SCHOOL BUS STUDENTS ON OR AROUND SCHOOL BUSES STUDENTS MUST
CONDUCT THEMSELVES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE SCHOOL BUS RULES:
ON AND AROUND SCHOOL BUSES STUDENTS WILL:
1. Comply with all school rules with the "Behavior Standards for School Bus Students."
2. Board and exit the bus in an orderly, safe manner.
3. Present bus pass when boarding the bus, and upon demand.
4. Remain seated while on the bus.
5. Talk with other passengers in a normal voice.
6. Keep all parts of the body inside the bus windows.
7. Keep aisles, steps, and empty seats free from obstruction.
S. Remain fully and properly clothed.
9. Treat the driver and fellow students with respect.
10. Promptly comply with the bus driver's or monitor's instructions.
II. Treat the bus and other private property with care.
ON OR AROUND SCHOOL BUSES STUDENTS WILL NOT:
1. Fight, push, shove, or trip other passengers
2. Use or possess unacceptable items identified in the school "Code of Conduct."
3. Push while boarding, on, or exiting the bus.
4. Get on or offthe bus while the bus is in motion.
5. Make excessive noise, or play electronic equipment without earplugs.
6. Put objects out of bus windows or hang out of windows.
7. Engage in horseplay.
S. Obstruct aisles, steps, or seats.
9. Engage in public displays of affection.
10. Eat, drink, or litter on the bus.
II. Use profane or abusive language or make obscene gestures.
12. Spit or bite.
13. Harass, bully, or interfere with other students.
14. Disrespect, distract or interfere with bus driver.
15. Damage private property.
16. Sit in the bus driver's seat, or touch bus operating devises or equipment.
17. Open or try to open bus door.
IS. Throw or shoot objects inside or out of bus.
19. Tamper with bus controls or emergency equipment.
20. Violate any other school rule, law or military installation regulation.
Principal of each school is the discipline authority for each student attending
their school and, as such has the final decision on actions as a result
of rule infractions.
Registering for the School Bus
The first step is to register children in the school.
Next is to visit the School Bus Office servicing the community schools. Both a parent and all students needing transportation need to be present to register for transportation, receive a bus pass (usually with the student’s picture), and to receive information or briefings on the route(s) stops and schedule, bus safety, and behavior standards and discipline rules.
For more information about school bus passes call DSN 335-5382 or
Student Transportation: Safety & Behaviour